lavish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
- s very generous
distributed gifts with a lavish hand
the critics were lavish in their praise
- s characterized by extravagance and profusion
a lavish buffet
- India's economic prosperity has brought a burgeoning of lavish ceremonies at astronomical cost.
- In the '20s, Chanel filled her off-hours with Arthur ("Boy") Capel, a wealthy English polo player whose lavish gifts of jewels served as the keystones of Coco's astonishing .
- That quite possibly includes the people who looted his lavish three-story riverside home down to its marble walls.
News & Articles
- 7 New Restaurants Opening In The Hamptons This Summer
Summer in the Hamptons brings long weekends of lavish parties, beautiful beaches and of course, fresh seafood. Make a reservation at these newly opened restaurants out East for the best in fine dining to casual eateries.
June 13, 2013 - CBS New York
- Lottery-winning great-grandmother lives simply
Old habits appear to die hard for 84-year-old lottery winner Gloria Mackenzie. According to the Daily Mail, the great-grandmother from Zephyrhills, Fla., who won $590 million on the lottery two weeks ago, is still being driven around in her son's gold Ford Focus and shopping at Wal-Mart. Instead of spending her fortune on lavish dinners, [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- What Was so Lavish About the IRS Employee Conference?
The conference was called “lavish” and “shameless.” Could it pass an IRS audit? Here’s what experts say.
June 12, 2013 - US News & World Report
- Barack Obama in Times Online
In a statement issued last night, President Obama said that the vote "rightly reflects the outrage that so many feel over the lavish bonuses that AIG provided its employees at the expense of the taxpayers who have kept this failed company afloat".
- Heidi Klum in Us Magazine
I chose to call my collection for A Pea in the Pod Lavish because there is no grander name to express everything you want to give yourself and the child growing within you,Klum said in a statement. "For Motherhood Maternity, Loved is a...
- Dianne Feinstein in FOXNews
At present, we don't know whether these companies are using these funds to fly on private jets, attend lavish conferences or lobby Congress,Feinstein said in a statement.