- n washing clothes and bed linens
- v cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water
- v convert illegally obtained funds into legal ones
- The money laundering that followed was a textbook case, making it all the more remarkable that someone higher up in the Mexican banks or the Mexican government didn't sniff out .
- Tax havens are coming under increasing pressure to clean up money laundering.
- That year Guatemala finally criminalized money laundering, setting prison sentences of up to 20 years and requiring banks and other financial intermediaries to report suspicious .
News & Articles
- M&T Bank to fix anti-money laundering flaws, Fed says
By Douwe Miedema and Emily Stephenson WASHINGTON (Reuters) - M&T Bank Corp will put a comprehensive plan in place to fix problems with its anti-money laundering policies that had caused regulators to put a hold on its $3.7 billion bid to buy Hudson City Bancorp. Buffalo, New York-based M&T Bank will submit a plan to the Federal Reserve to improve its monitoring and reporting of suspicious ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Fed cites M&T Bank for money laundering problems
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- M&T Bank Corporation's has compliance problems with combating money laundering, according to court filings on Tuesday. These problems have impacted the bank's merger with Hudson City Bancorp. Inc., the Federal Reserve Bank of New York said. The Fed concluded in a recent inspection, the firm had deficiencies in its compliance risk management program in conforming to anti ...
June 18, 2013 - Market Watch
- M&T Reaches Fed Deal on Money Laundering; Hudson City Jumps
M&T Bank Corp. (MTB) , the lender that postponed its purchase of Hudson City Bancorp amid a Federal Reserve probe into money laundering , reached a deal to improve compliance.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Robert Mueller in FOXNews
...prepared remarks for a 2005 speech in Budapest, also on the Web site, FBI Director Robert Mueller said that while based there, Mogilevich's enterprise "engaged in drug and weapons trafficking, prostitution, and money laundering" in...
- Edward Leigh in guardian.co.uk
Edward Leigh, chairman of the committee of public accounts, said: "In most of the territories, the standards of regulation across areas such as banking, money laundering, insurance and securities are not as good as those in the crown dependencies....
- Barack Obama in AFP
Laundering federal campaign spending through individual campaigns in order to exceed the party's spending limits is cheating, plain and simple, and there should be severe consequences for any political party found guilty of such a fraudulent... Pat Martin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Martin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvGkEyx_fej69ujYeM72E1OBMS0w Toronto Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/421663&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOwTrtXtVcPkoDB5qayakT-Cyx9A May 5, 2008
57149 75858 laundry So often, we've come to view these documents as simply numbers on a page or a laundry list of programs," Obama told lawmakers in his debut address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday. "I see this document differently, I see it as a...