- v cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water
- v convert illegally obtained funds into legal ones
- The money laundering that followed was a textbook case, making it all the more remarkable that someone higher up in the Mexican banks or the Mexican government didn't sniff out .
- Tax havens are coming under increasing pressure to clean up money laundering.
- That year Guatemala finally criminalized money laundering, setting prison sentences of up to 20 years and requiring banks and other financial intermediaries to report suspicious .
News & Articles
- LATEST NEWS
SEYMOUR -- Federal officials have indicted Seymour lawyer Ralph Crozier on charges he laundered $30,000 in drug money, according to a report published Monday by the Valley Independent Sentinel.
June 25, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Seymour Attorney Indicted On Federal Money Laundering Charges
A criminal defense attorney based in Seymour has been indicted on charges that he helped launder drug trafficking proceeds, the U.S. Attorney's Office announced Monday.
June 24, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- In Support of G8 Declaration GOPAC Calls on Legislators around the World to Bring Greater Transparency to Financial ...
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 24, 2013) - In line with the Lough Earn Declaration by G8 leaders, the Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption (GOPAC) is calling on legislators around the world to mount a coordinated international effort to fight money-laundering by bringing greater transparency to financial transactions.
June 24, 2013 - Marketwire
- John Suthers in CNN
To launder the money you have to use something that is quick and convenient,Colorado Attorney General John Suthers said at a news conference Monday. "And in this case, they used classic comic books."
- Joseph Bruno in New York Times
No large scale fraud or corruption can succeed without a group of obliging, amoral and ambitious lawyers, ready to launder money in overseas bank accounts, ready to evade taxes, ready to cook the books, ready to set up companies with dubious... Frank Bainimarama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bainimarama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdd6kIhH9c02UTN1t7MWTUo0SLzw Fiji Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx%3Fid%3D75481&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH60JlTsLfS5zbiuXFOui7uSaAL-A Nov 29, 2007
57143 75853 launder I wouldn't be talking campaign finance reform on one hand, and then on the other hand, doing 25,000 price of admission to funnel money - funnel money, launder money - into a Senate contest," Mr. Bruno said. "I think it's inappropriate, I...