lamp : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an artificial source of visible illumination
- n a piece of furniture holding one or more electric light bulbs
- Can a lamp change the way you live? This elegant flower-shaped light harbors an eco-friendly secret: it monitors the overall energy usage in your household.
- ULTRA LIGHT: Philips' new lamps use clusters of highly efficient lightemitting diodes and should last up to 20 years For Allard Bijlsma, that spells opportunity.
- A bright eyed, tousled girl-child was seen to clamber up an iron lamp post in the Square of Julius Caesar at Milan last week.
News & Articles
- Detectives: Iredell Co. couple charged with making counterfeit money
A husband and wife are facing charges with passing counterfeit currency at several businesses in Iredell County. Detectives searched the home of Michael Connor Lamp, 31, and Debra Lynn Lamp, 32, on Serenity Lane Wednesday. The Iredell County Sheriff's Office noticed reports of counterfeit currency being passed from various businesses starting in early June. Detectives said the businesses could ...
June 21, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Podcast: I love lamp! No, really, the Goodnight Lamp looks awesome
Building a connected lamp is one thing, but finding an audience and a venue to sell it, is another. This week's podcast highlights the challenges of bringing a connected consumer device to market.
June 20, 2013 - GigaOM
- Pennington Seed Teams Up with Landscape Sustainability Expert Joe Lamp’l with Tips for Greener Lawns While Conserving ...
Certified Landscape Professional and Master Gardener Joe Lamp’l of ‘Growing A Greener World’ shares his expert advice to help bring out the green in everyone’s yards. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10847648.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Damon Hill in Independent
I liken it to the Aladdin's cave: the genie says give me the lamp and Aladdin says get me out of the cave and I'll give you the lamp,Hill said. "You're in this constant cyclical thing whereby in order to get our plans implemented we need...
- Manmohan Singh in BBC News
Recalling his own childhood, Mr Singh, a qualified economist, said: "I read under the dim light of a kerosene lamp. I am what I am totally because of education."