lakh : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten
- The planned vehicle is called the "one-lakh car" because, Tata says, the rear-engine, 600-cc, four-door sedan will cost a lakh, or 100,000 rupees.
- The planned vehicle is called the "One-Lakh Car" because, Tata says, the rear-engine, 600-cc, four-door sedan will cost a lakh, or 100,000 rupees.
- The one lakh 100,000 rupees, or just over $2,000 car has generated a lot of interest.
News & Articles
- Tata Nano Review In India
The Tata Nano has become famous for being the world's cheapest car. The Nano was conceptualised as a Rs. 1 lakh car ($1620 as per today's exchange rate) but the vehicle costs around Rs. 2.5 lakhs ($4200) for the top-end model, which doesn't come with power steering. While the Nano has created a lot of buzz in the international market, the product has failed to live up to the hype in India, where ...
July 4, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Ratan Tata in Hindu
In India, as against 42,000 ha under certified organic farming during 2003-04, initial estimates for 2009-10 indicate that organic agriculture under certification has grown to 10.5 ha, out of which nearly 7.5 lakh ha is fully certified while... Sharad Pawar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharad_Pawar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHDsZ7_3gvgWxCyEmmqyxDpKjuLtQ MedIndia http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.medindia.net/news/Organic-Farming-can-Give-an-Impetus-to-Organic-Food-Trade-Pawar-71087-1.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEaQf9acNv2PHnD784LoSl6al-9jA Jul 9, 2010
56728 75074 lakh The only reason we did not make the Rs 1-lakh car a hybrid, for example, is that it could not have been priced at Rs 1-lakh," said Tata, who celebrated his 70th birthday on December 28.
- Nitish Kumar in Reuters UK
The Koshi river has changed its course and nearly 20-25 lakh (2-2.5 million) people of the areas have been affected,Nitish Kumar, the chief minister of the state, said after an aerial survey of the flood situation.