hundred thousand :
- n the cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten
- s (in Roman numerals, C written with a macron over it) denoting a quantity consisting of 100,000 items or units
News & Articles
- Deputy scares up stolen train goods
Train burglars stole and then apparently lost some several hundred thousand dollars worth of electronics on Saturday when a Coconino County sheriff's deputy had a run-in with "suspicious" vehicles in the Parks area.
June 25, 2013 - Arizona Daily Sun
- Port Sheldon power plant gets clean air upgrade
A unique shipment of parts arrived in in Port Sheldon Monday; the parts each weigh several hundred thousand pounds and will help Consumers Energy meet stricter federal clean air requirements for 2017 at the Campbell power plant.
June 24, 2013 - WZZM 13 Grand Rapids
- Shaped by history, Gettysburg celebrates milestone
GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Gettysburg changed the direction of American history 150 years ago, and the town hasn't been the same since. The couple of hundred thousand visitors expected at events to mark the anniversary of the 1863 clash won't have to look far to find remnants of the pivotal campaign of the Civil War, even outside the grounds of the meticulously maintained national park. Cannonballs and ...
June 24, 2013 - Boston Herald