kookaburra : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Australian kingfisher having a loud cackling cry
- Nigel Reid lurches forward just in time to push a swooping kookaburra off his nut-butter sandwich.
- At one time the belief was popular in Australia that the kookaburra was a mighty destroyer of snakes.
- Among the jack rabbits, kangaroos and kookaburra birds that laugh hysterically and swallow snakes, live half a million farmers who till the fertile belt so successfully that they .
News & Articles
- Ordinance bans restaurants near churches from selling alcohol
Spencer Hooker told the St. Augustine City Commission that he's frustrated with what he's calling an out of date ordinance in the city. Hooker wants to add beer and wine to his menu at Kookaburra cafe in St. Augustine.
June 11, 2013 - WJXT Jacksonville
- The push to serve alcohol near churches
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- They brew fresh coffee and serve up fresh teas but the Kookaburra cafe says spiking their drink menu will also spike their sales.
June 11, 2013 - FOX30 / CBS47 Jacksonville
- John Stephenson in Times Online
Paint tends to flake off white balls and we have asked Kookaburra to produce a batch of pink ones because these show up so much better,Stephenson said. "The challenge is to produce a ball which retains its colour - I doubt it will be any...
- Brett Lee in Independent Online
The newer balls we've been using have been pretty shiny and still have the Kookaburra writing on them,Lee said. "It makes it harder for the bowlers because you're trying to work with a ball that is as old as possible and you come on at the...
- Camryn Manheim in Sydney Morning Herald
We assessed the wicket really well. Having batted on it for a long time we figured out what line and length to bowl. That was important as the Kookaburra ball gets softer as it gets older. We also knew that the new ball was going to be critical, so... Rahul Dravid http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahul_Dravid&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE3gcrvNMzsfg0Cqh5E5_Qexwio8w Times of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/TOIonline/Cricket_/Tougher_challenges_ahead_of_us_Dravid/articleshow/2078004.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE6TPXtSaBGDU3dOgMg4jMrXmsvfA May 27, 2007
56271 74408 kookie She thinks Melinda's a little kookie because she catches her talking to herself and just having some very odd behavior," Manheim said. "And I'm not exactly quite sure how my character is going to handle the information that Melinda can talk...