knobbly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having knobs
had knobbly knees
- But it also reminds him that "chessboard Babylon was so depressing for Nebuchadnezzar's highland wife that he had to build her an artificial knobbly mountainthe famous 'Hanging .
- The clock strikes noon in the city of Daqing and Zhang Jian is still asleep, his knobbly ankles and narrow shoulders protruding from his worn comforter.
- And because one offers a study of people long dead is no reason why that glass should be the knobbly 'bottle' kind which hasty judgment might deem more seemly.
- Mariann Fischer Boel in Sofia Echo
July 1 marks the return to our shelves of the curved cucumber and the knobbly carrot,said Mariann Fischer Boel, Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Andrew Sullivan in Jakarta Globe
By the time you've finished preventing discrimination against the ugly, the short, the skinny, the bald, the knobbly-kneed, the flat-chested, and the stupid,Andrew Sullivan wrote in the London Sunday Times in 1999, "you're living in a...
- Sarah Sands in Independent
My father was a district commissioner, with the funny hat and knobbly knees,says Sands, quickly adding that "he was a tremendous liberal ...... heartbroken about what happened to Malawi because he was very keen on independence".