knitted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make (textiles) by knitting
- v tie or link together
- v to gather something into small wrinkles or folds
- s made by intertwining threads in a series of connected loops rather than by weaving
a hand-knitted sweater
- Now I've never knitted anything, but it looks like a pretty serious endeavor.
- Designer Loro Piana travels Down Under in search of the finest raw materials for his signature sweaters and knitted goodsPhotographs by Alessandro Cosmelli Contrasto, courtesy .
- The company has knitted together hundreds of small-scale farmers into a network that sells all-natural pork, beef and lamb to retailers and restaurants.
News & Articles
- Knitted blankets could cover Andy Warhol Bridge
By Bobby Kerlik, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Colorful knitted blankets soon will cover the Andy Warhol Bridge as part of a public art project if the Allegheny County Council approves. “It’s a ...
June 12, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Knitting with Max
“Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence” were the first few words on the plaque next to baby Bristol as she sat quietly in her stroller while her grandmother, Jennifer Long, knitted beside her.
June 11, 2013 - Terre Haute Tribune Star
- Maggie May Swimwear launches the new Maggie May Monokini Line
Maggie May Swimwear, maggiemayswimwer.com, the trendsetting knitted bikini company that has swimwear fashionistas buzzing from Miami to Madrid announced today that it has launched a 20 piece monokini line, featuring the same knitted design as its popular bikini line, worn by celebrities, Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and Sports Illustrated swimwear models. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault ...
June 9, 2013 - PRWeb
- Chris Lewis in Stuff.co.nz
The outfield has knitted in very well,Lewis said of the $3.5 million makeover. "The turf has been laid in slabs of 10m by 1m and each weighs about 900kg. It's not like the Readylawn they lay in the backyard."
- Brian Lenihan in Reuters
You are talking about a coat that was knitted together by 27 different countries,Lenihan said after casting his vote in Dublin. "It is very difficult to knit that coat again."
- President Bush in Sify
In the short term ...... we'll keep diplomacy going, knitted up with as many nations as possible,Bush said as he answered questions at an appearance in Florida.