kit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a case for containing a set of articles
- n gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- n young of any of various fur-bearing animals
a fox kit
- v supply with a set of articles or tools
- Biggest news at the show this year are mass-produced, prefabricated "kit-boats," which an amateur boatbuilder can put to gether for as little as 50% of the cost of buying a .
- Last year Adams sold nearly 100 kits at $2,800 apiece, mailed out more than 1,000 blueprints at $35 each.
- Designed as a "kit house," it was crafted in a factory owned by Seattle-based Lindal Cedar Homes and shipped to its destination on a truck.
News & Articles
- LA Galaxy fans choose a rather confused third kit
Credit to the LA Galaxy for at least trying something new with their recently released third kit. Major League Soccer's highest-profile team asked fans to both design and vote for the kit, a bold and risky choice. Unfortunately, the result seems to be ... confused. As you can see in the picture above, the flare for this kit comes in the shoulders where the green with red stripes gives the shirt ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- 'Game of Thrones:' Jon Snow Gets '80s Training Montage (Video)
Kit Harington never seemed so much like Rocky Balboa as he does here. read more
June 16, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Warrior’s new football boots feature ‘gloryholes’
From the company that brought you Liverpool's Space Invaders away kit comes a new football boot called "Gambler." Among the nonsensical features like the "ace plate" and "outsider zone" are the "gloryholes." Yes, gloryholes. And if the allusion to holes … Continue reading ?
June 16, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- Tony Hayward in BusinessWeek
CEO Hayward told the Financial Times in a June 3 article: "What is undoubtedly true is that we did not have the tools you would want in your tool kit."
- Steve Jobs in Windows & Net Magazine
We want native third party applications on the iPhone, and we plan to have an SDK [software development kit] in developers' hands in February,Mr. Jobs wrote.
- Henry Paulson in AFP
Paulson said he was committed "to use all the tools available to protect our financial system and our economy," adding: "Our tool kit is substantial but insufficient."