kisumu : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a port city in western Kenya on the northeastern shore of Lake Victoria; fishing and trading center
News & Articles
- Evangelist Will Graham Preaches Message of Hope and Peace to 21,000 in Kisumu, Kenya
CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 13, 2013 / Christian Newswire / -- Nearly 53 years to the date after evangelist Billy Graham preached to the people of Kisumu, Kenya, his grandson, Will Graham, returned last weekend to carry forth the same message of hope through Jesus Christ.
June 13, 2013 - Christian News Wire
- Raila Odinga in Daily Nation
In 1896, the railway constructors took five years to reach Kisumu from Mombasa. At this age and era of technology, it should take us less than three years to reach Kampala,said Mr Odinga.
- Barack Obama in New York Times
I have spent the whole day here in Kisumu talking with journalists,said Said Obama, an uncle of the senator.
- Raphael Tuju in Daily Nation (registration)
Kisumu is my home town ...... I have to go there because it is where I spend the night whenever I go home,said Mr Tuju.