kindness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
- n tendency to be kind and forgiving
- n a kind act
- Historian Barbara Taylor and psychoanalyst Adam Phillips examine the evolution of attitudes toward kindness to find out why no one's a good Samaritan anymore.
- Meg Takamura IZA Stock Getty Images In the book you use history and psychoanalysis to explain what kindness means today and how it has evolved.
- Lyubomirsky explains that because we all perform acts of kindness naturally, it seems to please us more when we're more conscious of it.
- Barack Obama in Cape Cod Times
Obama spoke of Kennedy as "the greatest legislator of our time. He did it by hewing to principle, but also by seeking compromise and common cause - not through deal-making and horse-trading alone, but through friendship, and kindness, and humor."
- Kate Jackson in Twirlit
Her Charlie's Angels co-star Kate Jackson said, "Farrah showed immense courage and grace throughout her illness and was an inspiration to those around her: I will remember her kindness, her cutting dry wit and, of course, her beautiful smile: when...