killjoy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who spoils the pleasure of others
- I'm not a killjoy, and I don't believe that newspapers must only edify us, and not entertain (or even, occasionally, titillate).
- Is it possible that Wintour isn't so much a sponge-squeezing killjoy as simply .
- I know I sound like a killjoy.
News & Articles
- Yasiel Puig inspires a grindcore band called “Puig Destroyer”
And the first song from them — “One Man, Five Tools” — can be heard over at Productive Outs. I’d review the song in an objective, non-fan boyish way, but the last thing I want is to be accused of being a killjoy again, so allow me to say that it’s the greatest song in…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Nigel Payne in Times Online
Payne said: "No one wants to be a killjoy, or stifle spontaneity, and there is no question of blaming individual jockeys. Our belief is that the compliance officer who checks logos before a race should also be present to ensure that no jockey wears...
- Jean-FranÃ§ois LisÃ©e in CTV.ca
If there is one thing I hate worse than being in the role of killjoy, it's failure,Lisee said in a speech, citing the party's recent slump in the polls. "If we make the election a referendum on holding a referendum, we're creating a...