kiln : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a furnace for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks
- Police said they had rescued more than 500 people from forced labor in brick kilns, where they were worked 18 hours a day and beaten if they tried to escape.
- Then they are stacked in a hemispherical kiln usually 30 feet in diameter by 12 feet in height.
- A story in yesterday's South China Morning Post says that the foreman of one of the notorious Shanxi brick kilns where children and mentally handicapped workers were kept as slaves .
News & Articles
- End of the road for landfill's bio-reactor
The county landfill will scrap its bio-reactor. The Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency heard a quote from James Luther Kiln & Dryer on repairing the broken bio-reactor vessel during Thursday's meeting, learning the project could cost as much as $750,000.
June 17, 2013 - Clinton Herald
- Friends BBQ in Kiln to finance a new playground
KILN -- Barbecue, classic cars, live music and an abundance of shade trees on a sunny day brought out the community to support improvements to McLeod State Park on Saturday.
June 16, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Kiln business council to lure new business
The Kiln Business Council has unveiled its plans to bring more traffic to the area. Council leaders say the Hancock County community has lost 8 to 10 businesses so far this year, but has gained a few too.
June 11, 2013 - WLOX-TV Biloxi
- Abimael GuzmÃ¡n in International Herald Tribune
The current economic climate has driven us to implement efficiencies in all areas of our business, and the closure of Barrington's kiln could help to secure the future of our cement manufacturing business in the UK,Cemex UK President Gonzalo...
- Jim Hood in Jackson Clarion Ledger
This man took advantage of the working people in Kiln, who have been suffering since Katrina, at a time when they are struggling just to buy enough gas to get to work,Hood said in a news release. "Although he got the maximum sentence, I...
- Yasser Arafat in Reuters
What happens is that employers, in this case the brick kiln owners, advance sums of money to the labourers to meet urgent needs. Because the wages paid to the labourers are so low, the loans cannot be paid back even over many years, and the workers... Rehman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rehman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH0XHqO1s4pJVfjCE7OrWTQ5YvaWA Reuters AlertNet http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/IRIN/06eed72520ffe868c07debc796bf5528.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhvyAT5XSj8m_X5fehpsXjhuaVfQ Jan 17, 2008
55773 73841 kilo It is an adventure to get out of your house to fetch a kilo of tomatoes or something," said Abu Yasser, a father of four.