keyed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v identify as in botany or biology, for example
- v provide with a key
We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building
- v vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key
His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot
- v regulate the musical pitch of
- v harmonize with or adjust to
- a fitted with or secured by a key
a keyed instrument
the locks have not yet been keyed
- s set to a key or tone
- No leather, no wool, no pearls, no ivory-keyed pianos.
- The lowest-keyed and slickest propagandists are the Czechs, who employ their innovative cinematic techniques for programs on the virtues of working in the peach-canning or .
- It will be keyed to the spirit of the new tempo in business.
News & Articles
- Rays-Yankees Preview
Some veteran offseason acquisitions keyed the New York Yankees overcoming injuries to many of their top offensive players well into May.
June 21, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- 8 Early Winners and Losers of the San Francisco 49ers Offseason
The San Francisco 49ers have had an eventful offseason highlighted by trades, free-agent losses and injuries. Although there's been plenty of bad developments, such as Michael Crabtree's torn Achilles, some players have to be pleased with what's happened over the last few months. To clear up the mess, I've keyed in on some of the obvious winners and losers of San Francisco's offseason thus far ...
June 21, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Phil Jackson in The Associated Press
Here's what Jackson was saying an hour or so ago, in his final pregame news conference of the season: "I'm keyed up. I mean, I think it's natural to be keyed up. But I think every final game has its own level. But I don't think it's any more than...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Daily Star
You still get keyed up for games, that's part of it,said Ferguson. "It's that time when the players are doing the warm-up and you're on your own in a sense. Your staff are out doing their jobs. It's all right at home because you have your...
- Oshiomogho Atogwe in Sports Network
We were in a cover-two (defense) and I keyed on the quarterback,said Atogwe. "God blessed me to be in the position to make the play."