kazakhstan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a landlocked republic to the south of Russia and to the northeast of the Caspian Sea; the original Turkic-speaking inhabitants were overrun by Mongols in the 13th century; an Asian soviet from 1936 to 1991
News & Articles
- Russia, Kazakhstan Join Turkey in Raising Gold Holdings in May
Russia and Kazakhstan expanded their gold reserves for an eighth straight month in May, buying the metal to diversify assets even as investors lost faith in bullion amid the outlook for reduced stimulus.
June 25, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Kazakhstan: Hostile Takeover One Step Closer for Resources Giant
A consortium consisting of a trio of oligarchs and the Kazakh government has moved one step closer to taking control of a London-listed natural resources giant with major operations in Kazakhstan. The consortium bidding to win control of the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) submitted a slightly revised offer to take the company back into private hands on June 24, after its initial ...
June 25, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Kazakhstan’s Saiga Success: Endangered Antelope Numbers Rise
The endangered saiga antelope has had a rough few years in Kazakhstan, hunted mercilessly by poachers for its horns and wracked by a deadly sickness that has seen thousands of these endangered long-nosed antelopes perish on the steppe. Yet amid all the doom and gloom there is a glimmer of hope: Kazakhstan’s saiga population has more than doubled over the last five years, according to figures ...
June 24, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Fabio Capello in Independent
Capello said: "I don't know if he will be back for Belarus. It depends on his back. If he can train a bit on the day after the (Kazakhstan) game and Monday, it is possible. If not, it is not possible to play because there are other players, good...
- Condoleezza Rice in ABC News
This is not some kind of contest for the affection of Kazakhstan,Rice said.
- Slaven Bilic in SkySports
Since the Euros we are playing even better,added Bilic. "There is no reason to suspect that we will now fall down. Our ball is rolling forward. We expect a great game on Wednesday. Against Kazakhstan we played as we planned, the only...