- n singing popular songs accompanied by a recording of an orchestra (usually in bars or nightclubs)
- With his now ubiquitous karaoke machine, this laid-back Japanese inventor provided the soundtrack for millions of wannabe Sinatras and Madonnas.
- Illustration by John Ueland for PTI Everyone knows karaoke is huge internationally.
- Brooklyn-based writer and karaoke obsessive Brian Raftery has written a book about his passion for belting out songs in public.
News & Articles
- Alejandro Sanz Karaoke? There's an App for That
With a new karaoke app for Alejandro Sanz's song "La Música No Se Toca," fans of the Spanish star can record covers of the title track of his 2012...
June 11, 2013 - Billboard
- Martin fest to kick off Thursday
STEUBENVILLE - Fans of Dean Martin music will get a chance to perform with the late crooner during the Dean Martin Karaoke Party Thursday night at the Spot Bar. The karaoke party starts at 8 p.m.
June 11, 2013 - The Steubenville Herald-Star
- Zafod Beatlebrox opens www.AmazingFunctionalArt.com
Local artist Zafod Beatlebrox, founder of the now defunct Music Taxi, a service that gave passengers opportunities to sing karaoke while riding to
June 11, 2013 - Park Record
- Howard Stern in Nerdles (blog)
Back in May he told his audience, "There's not a better job on the planet than judging that f-ing karaoke contest."
- Miley Cyrus in Expressindia.com
I got on the plane to Georgia, and I was lying in my mom's lap and crying and saying, 'I'm so happy to be getting out of Los Angeles. I went out every night with my friends. I did karaoke. I danced,17-year-old Cyrus said.
- John Canzano in USA Today
John Canzano, columnist for The Oregonian newspaper, called it "arguably the worst karaoke performance by a human over 7 feet tall."