kampong : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native village in Malaysia
- Changi Village, on the east coast, no longer has traditional kampong houses but it does have a village atmosphere and if the beach is not exactly a tropical paradise it does have .
- The jungle kampong where nothing much happened, the essence of Malay existence for centuries, has nearly slid into folk memory.
- Shaded by droopy banana trees, and crisscrossed by stray cats creeping through chain-link fences, the landscape lies somewhere between a sleepy kampong, or Malay village, and a .
News & Articles
- Cambodian Opposition Leader Launches Campaign
Cambodian opposition leader Sam Rainsy has begun campaigning for his party ahead of elections, just one day after returning to his homeland from four years of self-imposed exile in France. The campaign began Saturday, with Rainsy telling reporters in the southern province of Kampong Speu that he condemned an attack on the offices of his Cambodia National Rescue Party in Phnom Penh earlier in the ...
July 20, 2013 - Voice of America
- Gregory Stanton in TIME
You'll go out to the local little village in the middle of Kampong Speu [a province in Cambodia], and there will be almost nothing there,says Gregory Stanton, the president of the Washington-based NGO Genocide Watch. "Yet there will be a...
- Lee Kuan Yew in AllAfrica.com
From Third World to First World: The story of Singapore 1965-2000, Lee Kwan Yew wrote: "We tried to retain Singapore's distinctive character and identity to remind us of our past. Fortunately we had not demolished the historic districts of Kampong...
- George Yeo in Channel News Asia
Mr Yeo says: "Aljunied, I think, is quite settled. Serangoon has come over, most likely with Lim Hwee Hua and we are losing a chunk of the Kampong Kembangan area. Ong Seh Hong may go over but the final line-up is for the Prime Minister to decide. I...