- n a masked dancer during a Pueblo religious ceremony who is thought to embody some particular spirit
- n a deified spirit of the Pueblo people
- n a carved doll wearing the costume of a particular Pueblo spirit; usually presented to a child as a gift
- The Indians enlisted the influence of Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, himself a noted collector of kachina dolls.
- From the Southwest, the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the National Park Service have received complaints about Japanese versions of Navaho beadwork, Zuni jewelry, Hopi kachina .
- The collection of colorful Hopi Indian kachina dolls was tagged for the Heard Museum in Phoenix.