- n the capital and largest city of Afghanistan; located in eastern Afghanistan
News & Articles
- U.N.: Kabul attack may be a war crime
KABUL, Afghanistan, June 12 (UPI) -- Tuesday's attack on the Supreme Court building in Kabul may constitute a war crime, the U.N. mission in Afghanistan said.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Kabul police: Large explosion hits near US Embassy
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Kabul police say there has been a large explosion on a main road near the U.S. Embassy in the Afghan capital.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Kabul police: Large explosion hits near US Embassy, no immediate reports of casualties
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Kabul police: Large explosion hits near US Embassy, no immediate reports of casualties.
June 11, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar in Guardian Unlimited
We say that dialogue can only be fruitful if the aggressors truly allow the Kabul government to halt the fighting, negotiate with the mujahedeen and honor what Kabul and the resistance decide,Hekmatyar said.
- Condoleezza Rice in 940 News
It's just the rationale of being able to get outside of Kabul and see one of the areas that's been very active,Rice told reporters before the diplomats' arrival. "I don't think there's any message there to anyone."
- Dana Perino in International Herald Tribune
White House press secretary Dana Perino said the attack was carried out by extremists "killing innocent people to pursue their political objectives. It underscores the reason we have to stay on the offense against the extremists in places like Kabul...