- n a plant fiber used in making rope or sacks
- n a member of a Germanic people who conquered England and merged with the Angles and Saxons to become Anglo-Saxons
- Pakistan's entire economy is tightly interwoven with jute, which is second only to cotton as the world's most widely used natural plant fiber.
- In the rooms of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce, Clive Street, Calcutta, meet the principal India jute associations.
- From Calcutta there go each year to New York and Boston 68 great vessels bearing cargoes of jute fibre and burlap cloths, raw materials for carpets, rugs, bagging, sacking, scrims.
News & Articles
- Mt. Pleasant Police log
INVESTIGATIONS Jacob Dean Brown, 16, Mt. Pleasant, was cited at the intersection of Palm Street and Maple leaf Drive for regulation of amplified sound sources – vehicle, Aug. 26. Phouth Jute Cam, 47, Mt. Pleasant, was arrested at the intersection of Warren Street and Locust Street and charged with simple assault, Aug. 26. MISCELLANEOUS Harassment/threats – 900 block of West Washingotn Street ...
Aug. 27, 2013 - Mt. Pleasant News
- Latifa in AFP
Jute has a huge future as an export for Bangladesh,said Latifa Binte Lutfar of the Dhaka-based International Jute Study Group (IJSG).
- Sheikh Hasina in The Daily Star
Many may ask the question about the application of the genome sequencing. It will improve the quality of jute fibre and help saplings survive in adverse weather caused by climate change,the prime minister told the parliament.
- Mao Zedong in Thaindian.com (blog)
For example, the word 'ma' pronounced in four different ways has four meanings - mother, jute plant, horse and quarrel,Mao said.