jungle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a location marked by an intense competition and struggle for survival
- n a place where hoboes camp
- n an impenetrable equatorial forest
- When the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Orellana returned from his exploration of the Amazon River four centuries ago, he told of a startling jungle encounter with a race of .
- To the oil companies of northwestern Colombia, the Motilon Indians of the jungle-tangled mountains are an industrial hazard.
- From July 8-10, the jungle-clad foothills of Sarawak's Mount Santubong will come alive with a gorgeous cacophony of sounds.
News & Articles
- ‘Phoebe in Winter,’ by Jen Silverman, at the Wild Project
Jeanine Serralles in in the play "Phoebe in Winter." The events in Jen Silverman’s “Phoebe in Winter” happen in a time out of joint, when the world is in “a state of aftermath.” A war has ended, fought in a jungle somewhere far-off.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Become part of the jungle with SCERA's 'Tarzan' tale
It's easy to get caught up in the story at SCERA's production of "Tarzan the Musical" as apes and jungle flowers, even a...
June 10, 2013 - Deseret News
- Summer Youth Program explores jungle of fun
Kids and teens of Clarksville, get your jungle boots ready for summer 2013, because 'It's A Jungle Out There.'
June 10, 2013 - The Leaf Chronicle
- Ingrid Betancourt in ABC News
Nirvana, paradise -- that must be very similar to what I feel at this moment,Betancourt said, fighting back tears as her son reached over to kiss her. "It was because of them that I kept up my will to get out of that jungle."
- Kevin Garnett in AFP
I look forward to going home and playing,Garnett said. "It's going to be like coming into the amazon, into the jungle. The onus is on us. We've definitely got to win in game six and come out and set our feet in the cement, so to speak,...
- Goose Gossage in NewsOK.com (registration)
When I went between the lines, it was Jekyll and Hyde - two different people,Gossage said. "Playing in the major leagues is not for the faint of heart. It was kind of the law of the jungle. You either eat or get eaten. If you're soft,...