- When Noel Hillman, head of the corruption probe surrounding lobbyist Jack Abramoff, stepped down last week after President Bush nominated him for a federal judgeship in New Jersey .
- The New Deal wants to give him the judgeship, now vacant.
- When I spoke with her friend Miguel Estrada, an attorney and onetime White House nominee for a judgeship (Estrada asked President Bush to withdraw his name in 2003 after a .
- Richard Lugar in Examiner.com
His performance as US attorney for the Northern District of Indiana has been nothing short of remarkable, and I am confident that he will approach his judgeship with the same enthusiasm and proficiency,Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., said in...
- Orrin Hatch in The Free Lance-Star
There's a difference in how Democrat judgeship nominations get treated by Republicans and how Republican nominations are treated by Democrats,said Hatch, who announced Friday he would oppose Kagan.
- Dianne Feinstein in Central Valley Business Times
There hasn't been a new permanent judgeship for the Eastern District of California since 1978, and since that time this district has seen explosive growth - in population and in prisons,says Ms. Feinstein. "The caseload is so heavy that it...