- a full of or characterized by joy
felt a joyous abandon
- She just kept moving forward in joyous faith that it would all work out.
- It's a surprise the picture isn't a mess, a miracle it's so funny, expert and joyous.
- We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever.
News & Articles
- The Maharat Movement
FORWARD EDITORIAL : The graduation of the first women from an Orthodox rabbinic school is a joyous revolution. It’s long past time for Orthodox women to blaze a trail to the future. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 13, 2013 - The Forward
- The 'stand in the schoolhouse door,' 50 years later
By Amber Payne, Producer, NBC NewsAt the Boys and Girls Club of West Alabama, 300 children with unbridled energy are ordered to scream at the top of their lungs, three times. As their joyous shrieking fills the auditorium, Tyler Merriweather smiles and joins right in. Ten years ago Merriweather was a "club kid," as he affectionately calls them. He found security, escape and emotional release fro ...
June 12, 2013 - MSNBC
- Pushy I-93 commuters elbow onto the on-ramp
Few pleasures of Boston driving are more joyous than trying to merge onto I-93 during rush hour. And while the experience is exhilarating at any juncture, several readers have e-mailed to point out an on-ramp that is particularly hairy: The intersection of Herald and Albany streets in the South End, where the leftmost of three lanes of traffic merges onto the southbound side of the highway ...
June 10, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Jacques Rogge in International Herald Tribune
Fortunately, the situation was better ...... in San Francisco,Rogge said at an IOC meeting in Beijing. "It was, however, not the joyous party that we had wished it to be."
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
And so I would be lying to you if I did not say that right now a part of me is with him,said Obama of Kennedy. "And I think that's true for all of us. This is a joyous time. But it's also a sobering time. And my prayers are with him."
- Jenna Bush in USA Today
This is a joyous occasion for our family, as we celebrate the happy life ahead of her and her husband, Henry,Bush said in his Saturday radio address. "It's also a special time for Laura who this Mother's Day weekend will watch a young...