- a not experiencing or inspiring joy
a joyless man
a joyless occasion
- This one which carries an NC-17, the modern equivalent of an X is grim and joyless, though it is far richer and more casual in its display of both male and female .
- The legal eagles of Scully Pershing are cynical and joyless.
- That eventually ushered in the current joyless back-to-phonics movement, with its endless hours of reading-skill drills.
News & Articles
- 'Man of Steel': EW movie review
By Chris Nashawaty Chris Nashawaty on director Zack Snyder's too joyless retelling of Superman story starring Henry Cavill
June 11, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Ben Brantley in Reuters Canada
Sadly, following the demise of the joyless green blob that was 'Tarzan,' 'The Little Mermaid' suggests that on Broadway, the Disney magic touch has gone numb,wrote New York Times critic Ben Brantley, calling the show a "musical blunderbuss."
- Noel Gallagher in InTheNews.co.uk
I spoke to Russell, he told me he was going to fall on his sword,Gallagher said. "Personally, I'm outraged that, yet again, the joyless f*****s who write the columns in the Daily Mail, the Telegraph or the Observer have dictated the...
- Richard Avedon in Newsday
He brought a taste for happiness and honesty and a love of women to what was, before him, a joyless, lying art,Avedon wrote in a 1963 appreciation. "He did it first, and today the world of what is called fashion is peopled with MunkÃ¡csi's...