- s having sagging folds of flesh beneath the chin or lower jaw
- But Leo Burnett, the jowly genius of the heartland subconscious, is the man most responsible for the blizzard of visual imagery that assaults us today.
- As a youthful agitator and underground journalist and later as a diplomat, jowly Xuan Thuy (pronounced Swan Twee) earned the trust of Viet Nam's Communist chieftains.
- But for jowly Sinco, who loves to bet on anything, it was a good gamble.
News & Articles
- Only Unserious People Question Janet Yellen’s ‘Gravitas’
With three finalists for the job of replacing Ben Bernanke as chairman of the Federal Reserve—three accomplished, gray-haired, jowly individuals in their upper 50s and beyond—why is only one said to be lacking “gravitas”?
Aug. 2, 2013 - BusinessWeek
- Nick Lowe in Independent
Lowe, who has just turned 60, told an interviewer a couple of years ago: "I didn't want to become one of those thinning-haired, jowly old geezers who still does the same shtick they did when they were young, slim and beautiful. That's revolting and...
- Sarah Ferguson in Houston Chronicle
For Americans who recognize Victoria only as the dour-looking monarch clad in black (or, as Ferguson describes, "grumpy, jowly, small, dark"), the movie will be an eye-opener.