jonquil : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n widely cultivated ornamental plant native to southern Europe but naturalized elsewhere having fragrant yellow or white clustered flowers
- n often used colloquially for any yellow daffodil
- Lady Bird Johnson wore a gown of double-woven satin in jonquil yellow to LBJ's 1965 gala Photos: The Obamas Waltzing; Michelle Obama's Jason Wu Dress.
- With a trim, sylvan body, winter-sky-blue eyes and jonquil hair.
- A rose, jassamine, a pink, a jonquil and a honeysuckle might signify the vowels, the consonants to be represented by other flowers.
News & Articles
- Church Point Man Arrested for Home Invasion
Acadia Parish deputies have arrested a 22 year old Church Point man and charged him with two counts of home invasion and one count of aggravated assault. According to Acadia Parish Sheriff Wayne Melancon, a resident reported a home invasion on St. Louis Street near Church Point early this morning. Upon arrival deputies learned that the suspect, Carey Jonquil Citizen, had forced his way into the ...
July 3, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette