joint : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (anatomy) the point of connection between two bones or elements of a skeleton (especially if it allows motion)
- n a disreputable place of entertainment
- n the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
- n a piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion
- n junction by which parts or objects are joined together
- n marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
- v fit as if by joints
- v provide with a joint
the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood
- v fasten with a joint
- v separate (meat) at the joint
- a united or combined
a joint session of Congress
- s affecting or involving two or more
joint income-tax return
- s involving both houses of a legislature
a joint session of Congress
- Moving arthritic joints might hurt, but if you don't exercise them regularly they can permanently freeze up Water workouts: The buoyancy of water can help you move stiff joints .
- In keeping with our original proposal, we are planning a joint town hall meeting in Minnesota next Thursday evening (June 19, 2008).
- We're headed for an epidemic of joint disease.
News & Articles
- Gomez, GOP joint committee raises over $688,000
BOSTON (AP) — A joint fundraising committee that Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Gabriel Gomez opened with the National Republican Senatorial Committee has raised more than $688,000 in contributions.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony to offer free joint replacement Lunch & Learn
Joint pain can be the cause of various injuries or conditions. To learn what you can do to find relief, make plans to attend a lunchtime seminar offered by Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony at noon on Wednesday, June 26. Orthopedic surgeon Corey Ponder, M.D. will be the featured speaker. Ponder is an orthopedic surgeon on staff at Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony. He received his ...
June 14, 2013 - The Edmond Sun
- Joint Chiefs of Staff To Visit MAFB
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is slated to visit the Minot Air Force Base on Monday. Officials says the purpose of the visit is for Army General Martin Dempsey to meet with airmen and their
June 14, 2013 - KX TV North Dakota
- Barack Obama in CNN
As Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, recently pointed out, we won't have sufficient resources to finish the job in Afghanistan until we reduce our commitment to Iraq,Obama wrote.
- Condoleezza Rice in Independent Online
I don't expect out of these meetings that there will be any particular outcome in the sense of breakthroughs on the (joint) documentcurrently being worked on by Israeli and Palestinian negotiating teams, Rice said on Sunday.
- Abdullah Gul in International Herald Tribune
We need to engage in a joint struggle to completely eradicate terrorism,Gul said. "A comprehensive cooperation is required. There is no doubt that a greater role falls to the (place) where the terrorist organization's leadership and camps...