- n large siphonophore having a bladderlike float and stinging tentacles
- n any of numerous usually marine and free-swimming coelenterates that constitute the sexually reproductive forms of hydrozoans and scyphozoans
- MATKO BILJAK Reuters Corbis Kakani Katija, a graduate student at the California Institute of Technology, believes it's possible, based on her recent experiments with jellyfish .
- Jump in the water with millions of jellyfish? Sounds like a great idea.
- A jellyfish! Shuddering in revulsion, he floundered to shore, jumped into his clothes and hurried home to bed.
- Peter Richardson in Fishnewseu (blog)
Lion's mane jellyfish are being reported off the North West of the UK, like they are every year, so there is no need for panic,said Peter Richardson, MCS Biodiversity Programme Manager, "Lion's mane jellyfish and other species can give a...
- Kate Brookes-Peterson in Independent
Australia's Kate Brookes-Peterson, who took third, said: "I was stung throughout the whole course and got smacked in the face a couple of times by huge big jellyfish."
- Mark Roe in Sportinglife.co.za
Former European Tour player Mark Roe, commentating for BBC television, said: "The official turned into a jellyfish. I've not seen anything like it in 21 years on the tour."