jazzman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a musician who plays or composes jazz music
- Adherents include screen idols Tom Cruise and John Travolta, actresses Kirstie Alley, Mimi Rogers and Anne Archer, Palm Springs mayor and performer Sonny Bono, jazzman Chick Corea .
- The poet and the jazzman met in a San Francisco basement, aptly named The Cellar, to discuss a fusion of the arts.
- His music is discussed in composition courses at Juilliard, sophisticates find in it affinities with Webern, and French Critic Andre Hodeir hails him as the first jazzman to .
- Cornel West in Boston Globe
I'ma bluesman in the life of the mind, and a jazzman in the world of ideas,West writes.
- Morris Almond in Salt Lake Tribune
I think it's been productive,Almond said. "I don't think I'm the same player I was last year at this time. I'm more comfortable with the offense, with the concepts. . . . I feel like I'm a better Jazzman."
- Mark Holden in Sydney Morning Herald
If (jazzman) James Morrison doesn't make an album with you in the next year, he is completely crazy,Holden said, while Hines even ventured to ask Morrison personally to work with Murphy.