- n stylishness as evidenced by a smart appearance
- n a breezy liveliness
- The song's daring swings of rhythm and emotion consecutively express three moods of a lover in pursuit bliss ("Heaven, I'm in heaven"), jauntiness ("Oh, I love to climb a .
- In the sometimes arcane vocabulary of the space program, the oft-repeated phrase "Roger, Houston," uttered with a kind of professional jauntiness, has always sounded reassuringly .
- His customary jauntiness subdued, a weary President last week resolutely vowed that "America will never make concessions to terrorists.
- Philip Larkin in Telegraph.co.uk
Philip Larkin praised the "absolute sureness of his settings, the freshness of his characters, the terrifying climaxes of violence, the literate jauntiness of style, the unfailing intelligent compassion".