jamb : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n upright consisting of a vertical side member of a door or window frame
- On the front porch of the church is a thin John the Disciple carved on the median jamb of the red double doors.
- Chances are, the Scooba will respect a door jamb or other low boundary separating your kitchen and bathrooms from the rest of the house.
- When the walls were strengthened, they took to the jackscrew to force wedges between the door and the jamb.
News & Articles
- Pistons' Stuckey breaks thumb
Detroit Pistons guard Rodney Stuckey is sidelined indefinitely after breaking his right thumb in an off-the-court accident. The digit was caught in the door jamb of Stuckey's car when the door closed, causing a distal phalanx fracture, the team announced. After an X-ray revealed the injury, the Pistons scheduled Stuckey for surgery on Friday. A timetable for his return is expected to be ...
Oct. 11, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Rodney Stuckey Broke His Thumb on a Car Door
The Detroit Pistons announced last night that guard Rodney Stuckey suffered a fractured right thumb after catching it in the door of his car. Yikes. Per the Detroit Free Press: “The team says he suffered the injury when his thumb was caught inside the door jamb of his vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
Oct. 11, 2013 - Slam
- Rodney Stuckey catches thumb in car door, needs surgery
The Detroit Pistons announced Thursday that guard Rodney Stuckey has suffered a fracture of the distal phalanx on his right thumb. The injury occurred on Wednesday afternoon as a result of the thumb becoming caught inside the door jamb of Stuckey’s vehicle while the door was closing. Pistons medical staff confirmed the injury this morning [...]
Oct. 11, 2013 - Inside Hoops
- Zahi Hawass in AFP
Move the door jamb up and make the passage wider,read the inscription on a false door, Hawass said.
- Tom Merritt in abc7.com
You can search broken door jamb and find 15, 20 sites that will tell you how to fix it,Merritt said.
- Doug Pederson in Shreveport Times
I was real pleased with our derfense and special teams,Calvary coach Doug Pederson said. "They've been real big for us two weeks in a row, first at the Bayou Jamb and now tonight. That makes it easy on our offense."