- n muscle-building exercises (or a system of musclebuilding exercises) involving muscular contractions against resistance without movement (the muscles contracts but the length of the muscle does not change)
- n a line connecting isometric points
- He was a physical-fitness freak: running, lifting weights and experimenting with isometrics and electrical impulses meant to stimulate his muscles while he slept.
- A man performing "severe isometrics," he explains, markedly increases his blood pressure because he tenses his arm or leg muscles and cuts down the flow of blood through them.
- Lind takes a dim view of physicians and others who recommend isometrics instead of jogging, and "write in the open press urging the waddlers to turn instead to press-ups (pushups .
News & Articles
- Get A Flat Stomach With These Standing Ab Exercises
From posture advice to waist-whittling twists, these upright exercises will help you feel slimmer and stand taller. The move: Swivel Chair "This was one of our go-tos for getting our own abs back into pre-pregnancy shape," says Tanya Becker, a founder of Physique 57 , a boutique fitness class that combines ballet, Pilates and isometrics.
June 18, 2013 - The Huffington Post