- n the act of investing; laying out money or capital in an enterprise with the expectation of profit
- n money that is invested with an expectation of profit
- n the commitment of something other than money (time, energy, or effort) to a project with the expectation of some worthwhile result
this job calls for the investment of some hard thinking
he made an emotional investment in the work
- n outer layer or covering of an organ or part or organism
- n the act of putting on robes or vestments
- n the ceremonial act of clothing someone in the insignia of an office; the formal promotion of a person to an office or rank
- When it came to the investment game, we had it figured.
- Overall, Morgan has lowered its payrolls by 8% in the past year, but its ranks of investment bankers have fallen by a slightly steeper 10%.
- Most investment trusts buy securities that they expect to pay dividends and increase in price, and then wait for their hopes to come true.
News & Articles
- Investment Bridge Announces Investment Opinion: Bridge Report on ZEON CORPORATION: FY3/13 Earnings Weaker, But ...
Investment Bridge, one of Japan's leading independent IR services companies, has released a "Bridge Report" on ZEON CORPORATION reviewing its fiscal year March 2013 ea
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: LionsGate, WisdomTree, BlackRock and Carriage Services
Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: LionsGate, WisdomTree, BlackRock and Carriage Services
June 21, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Mawer Investment Management Ltd. Receives Unitholder Approval for Updated Trust Agreement and Modified Investment ...
Mawer Investment Management Ltd. announced today that it has received unitholder approval to amend the trust documents and to modify the investment objectives of the Mawer Canadian Money Market Fund, Mawer ...
June 20, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Hilda Solis in The Associated Press
That means building a new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants in this country. It means making tough decisions about opening new offshore areas for oil and gas development. It means continued investment in advanced biofuels and clean... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA The Guardian (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/jan/28/barack-obama-congress&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGB3xu1Ih_A2uaNziQwV6Aclc-quA Jan 27, 2010
53494 70474 investment We are not saying go out of business," she said. "Do your job better. Make an investment in your employees. We want you to make a profit, but not at the expense of killing your employees."
- Lewis Booth in Telegraph.co.uk
Lewis Booth, Ford's chief financial officer, said: "Any prospective sale would have to ensure that Volvo has the resources, including the capital investment, necessary to further strengthen the business and build its global franchise."