investor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who commits capital in order to gain financial returns
- Though smaller than Madoff's, the Cosmo scheme is alleged to have hit 1,500 investors and run up sizable losses.
- Wall Street woes remind us that our immediate future may depend on the depth of investors' faith.
- Cautious investors may consider staggering their entry into equities.
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama told reporters on Tuesday that while bankers shouldn't get rich on the taxpayers' dime, "the rest of us can't afford to demonize every investor or entrepreneur who seeks to make a profit. That drive is what has always fueled our prosperity,...
- Bill Ford in 940 News
We welcome confidence in Ford and the progress we are making on our transformation plan. Any investor can purchase Ford shares, which are sold on the open market,Mulally and Ford executive chairman Bill Ford said in a joint statement. "The...
- Henry Paulson in USA Today
The objective here is to get the balance right: Regulation needs to catch up with innovation and help restore investor confidence but not go so far as to create new problems,Paulson said.