- n a crafty and involved plot to achieve your (usually sinister) ends
- n a clandestine love affair
- v cause to be interested or curious
- v form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
- The news was a ludicrous combination of gossip, political intrigue and weather reports.
- The breakfast lacked the elegance of the croissant, the sophistication of the English muffin and the intrigue of the bagel.
- For readers of the novel, the sprawling plot about the rivalry among noble (and ignoble) houses for a mythical kingdom offers a gripping, intrigue-filled basic story.
News & Articles
- Murder and Mystery Await in Marilyn Ellsworth Shelley’s New Novel
“Trail of Forgiveness” is a tale of intrigue and deception full of unexpected twists. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/MarilynEllsworthShelley/TrailofForgiveness/prweb10839132.htm
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- Book Review: The Chinese Information War
benrothke writes "It's said that truth is stranger than fiction, as fiction has to make sense. Had The Chinese Information War: Espionage, Cyberwar, Communications Control and Related Threats to United States Interests been written as a spy thriller, it would have been a fascinating novel of international intrigue. But the book is far from a novel. It's a dense, well-researched overview of China ...
June 17, 2013 - Slashdot
- Mad Men: The Quality of Mercy: Episode 12 Season 6—TV Review
No one does a penultimate episode like Mad Men . “The Quality of Mercy” was loaded with intrigue, and there was more than one conflict to concern yourself with. As Don and company barrel toward the sixth season finale ask yourself: Is anyone on this show capable of mercy?
June 17, 2013 - ScreenCrave
- Marv Levy in Forbes
I feel compelled to now turn my energies and my time to other endeavors that intrigue me,Levy said. "There will always remain a part of me, however, that walks down that tunnel out onto the playing field at Ralph Wilson Stadium on those...
- Donovan in USA Today
To be honest with you, I was very up front with (Florida's athletics director) when the season ended,Donovan said. "I said, 'I want to coach in college here at the University of Florida. The only thing that would intrigue me, that I would...
- Phil Savage in News-Herald.com
There's a lot of intrigue in this draft,Savage said. "All the teams up there - Oakland, Detroit, ourselves, Tampa, Arizona - any of the five can go in any direction. It will be fun to see how it turns out."