- v encourage or assent to illegally or criminally
- v form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
- His girlfriend Beth is there for him, but for the rest of the band, their grief takes on a violent edge as they begin to connive to avenge Donnie's death.
- Its a sleek, glossy, musically enhanced soap opera centered on wealthy, gorgeous high school students who connive and cavort to the sound of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Peter .
- Jews do not come off well in the Koran they connive and scheme and reject the message of the Prophet Muhammad but they are shown to be, above all else, defeated.
News & Articles
- The Housing Market is Murder in The Tribute Artist and The Mystery of Pearl Street
What we did for love? Try what we do for real estate. We wheel, we deal, we bribe, we connive, we play straight, we play gay, and we count ourselves lucky to live here at all. The housing market is murder, a figurative complaint that veers toward the literal in two new shows: Charles Busch...
Feb. 11, 2014 - The Village Voice
- Vladimir Putin in Reuters
The activities of the Latvian and Estonian authorities openly connive at the glorification of Nazis and their accomplices. But these facts remain unnoticed by the European Union,Putin said.
- Phil Jackson in ESPN
As far as ownership goes and general manager, I think there are a lot of players that are capable of doing that job,Jackson said. "You just have to be able to connive a little bit and be able to manipulate agents and I think those are...
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky in Regnum
To make the West connive at the outcome of the March 2 election, we shall recognize Kosovo and betray the Serbs, our last allies,believes Zhirinovsky.