- v act between parties with a view to reconciling differences
He interceded in the family dispute
- When Haldeman did ask CIA Director Richard Helms that day to intercede with the FBI, he reports he at first got nowhere.
- He says there's only one case when government has an obligation to intercede in the liberty of one: when that liberty hurts another.
- As the Florida legislature tries in vain to come up with a new law to intercede, Greer denies a motion by Florida's Department of Children Families to intervene.
News & Articles
- Opinion: Dems will pay for walking out
Democrats will have to pay fines levied against them for walking out of the Statehouse in 2011. The Indiana Supreme Court doesn’t believe it’s appropriate to intercede with the legislative branch, according to an opinion released Tuesday.
June 18, 2013 - WTHI Terre Haute
- Obama's Dilemma: Arming The Syrian Rebels
The White House is taking its first tentative steps toward arming Syrian rebels. Host Jacki Lyden speaks with James Fallows, national correspondent with The Atlantic , about the U.S.' ongoing struggle to determine when is the right time to intercede. They also discuss moderate candidate Hasan Rowhani's victory in the Iranian presidential election.
June 17, 2013 - NPR
- Barack Obama in Forbes
Nobody is proposing we leave precipitously. There are still going to be US forces in the region that could intercede, with an international force, on an emergency basis,Obama said between stops on the first of two days scheduled on the New...
- Jane Harman in The Indypendent
In a press release dated Nov. 6, Harman stated: "the National Commission [will] propose to both Congress and [Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael] Chertoff initiatives to intercede before radicalized individuals turn violent."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Online
He also asked John Paul II "to continue to intercede from heaven for each of us, and particularly for me whom Providence has called to take up his priceless spiritual legacy. May the Church", Pope Benedict added in conclusion, "following his...