- v breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
- s bred of closely related parents
- If you forcibly interbred Lemony Snicket and National Treasure and chose the most viable of their mutant offspring, you might come up with something like The 39 Clues.
- They have intermarried and interbred to the point that, in the words of author Jon Krakauer, their "relationships are almost impossible to make sense of without a flowchart.
- Others suggest they may have interbred with humans.
- Chris Stringer in Times Online
It's possible that Neanderthals and humans were genetically incompatible, so they could have interbred but their children would have been less fertile,said Stringer.
- Erik Trinkaus in News24
The evidence has been steadily growing for some time with respect to western Eurasia to show that these modern humans interbred with local archaic humans as they spread,said Trinkaus. "We haven't had good fossil data from eastern Eurasia...