insistent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s repetitive and persistent
the bluejay's insistent cry
- s demanding attention
- The queen retreats into silence and mourning until the insistent supplications of her courtiers compel her to emerge and once again take the destiny of the kingdom into her hands.
- Her words to the caller, the person handling our financial matters, grew insistent: "You're joking? This is a joke, right?" We didn't know it yet, but we had been playing in the .
- But Abdullah has been insistent on staking his independence from Washington.
News & Articles
- Atmospherics favored National, Dirty Projectors at the Mann
The teeming rain did two things to Friday's double bill of the National and Dirty Projectors at the Mann Center in Fairmount Park. The insistent downpour created a gorgeous, misty backdrop for two bands heavily reliant on atmospherics to drive their respective mood-swinging sounds. Still, the claustrophobic storm made both sets seem like they'd never end, particularly that of the National, whose ...
June 11, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Internet Privacy And Anonymity Expert Says Recent Reports Illustrate Greater Need To Use Privacy Software
VPNReviewz CEO, Michael Maxstead. looks at privacy invasion and a way for internet users to stop the insistent invasions on the internet… (PRWeb June 08, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10807538.htm
June 9, 2013 - PRWeb
- E.C.B. Keeps Interest Rates Unchanged in Hopes for Recovery
The European Central Bank left its main rate at 0.5 percent, despite insistent calls from economists for more aggressive moves.
June 6, 2013 - New York Times
- Paolo Gentiloni in ABC News
In a statement, Gentiloni called the game "cruel and sadistic, with a squalid environment and a continuous, insistent encouragement to violence and murder."
- Dmitry Medvedev in Calgary Herald
But our insistent proposals to the Georgian side to reach an agreement with Abkhazia and South Ossetia on the renunciation of force remained unanswered. Unfortunately, they were ignored also by NATO and the UN,Medvedev said.
- Niall Quinn in Durham Times
Steve has a few players in mind that we'd love to have, but he's very insistent on having a good look at what we have and he's probably right,said Quinn, who oversaw two years of heavy spending with Keane. "We've maybe got some players who...