innocuous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a not injurious to physical or mental health
- s not causing disapproval
it was an innocuous remark
confined himself to innocuous generalities
- s lacking intent or capacity to injure
- The innocuous remark was blown so much out of proportion that he had to tender an apology.
- In the 2003-04 Congress, for example, he sponsored a handful of innocuous resolutions commending civil servants and establishing Financial Literacy for Youth Month.
- But beyond the odd curiosity of a prison thank-you note from America's housekeeping guru and an innocuous envelope from a fallen dictator lies the online shopping world of macabre .
News & Articles
- Kathleen Parker: Dogs may have their day on trains
You might say I have a dog in this fight. He's tiny. He's blind. His bark is decidedly unmanly, and his bites, usually in defense against things that can't be seen, are forgivably innocuous. I am his seeing-eye human.
June 13, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- In Just A Few Hours, A Bunch Of People Plan To 'Troll The NSA' Online
In light of all this "NSA reading your emails" buzz, someone has taken up the mantle to fight back. It's called Operation Troll The NSA . By sending innocuous emails loaded with potentially subversive buzzwords and phrases at 7 PM Eastern tonight, the aim is to trip up and break any technology monitoring your communication.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Heading a soccer ball may be bad for brain
When compared to the bone-jarring crash between two football helmets, heading a soccer ball might seem almost innocuous. But those seemingly mild hits to a soccer player's head may damage the brain at a deep, molecular level, according to a new study. "It's entirely possible that the innumerable subconcussive hits that those players have may really be a culprit (for brain injury) as well," said ...
June 11, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Sarah Silverman in Detroit Free Press
The joke that everyone was upset about -- me calling the kids 'adorable mistakes' -- was the most innocuous joke,comedian Sarah Silverman, 36, tells Us Weekly magazine about her monologue at the MTV Music Awards skewering Britney Spears....
- Kevin Smith in USA Today
The whole idea was, our hands were so tied on all previous entries we'd given them that this ad was meant to be the innocuous one that would get approved everywhere,Smith said.
- Barack Obama in CNN
Speaking to reporters Saturday as he flew from Butte, Montana, to St. Louis, Missouri, Obama said, "I was a little puzzled by the frenzy that I set off by what I thought was a pretty innocuous statement, which is that I am absolutely committed to...