initial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the first letter of a word (especially a person's name)
he refused to put the initials FRS after his name
- v mark with one's initials
- s occurring at the beginning
took the initial step toward reconciliation
- Hes not been very cooperative, said the official, who read the transcript of the initial interrogation report taken during the first questioning session.
- The initial spot also consciously mimics the themes from one of the most famous, and controversial, attack ads in modern political history, the Willie Horton ad.
- First of all, the initial cost (ranging from $32,980 to $754,160) and annual expense ($25,000 to $500,000) are high.
News & Articles
- Press Releases: Initial Design Team Shortlist Announced for New U.S. Embassy in Beirut
Initial Design Team Shortlist Announced for New U.S. Embassy in Beirut Media Note Office of the Spokesperson Washington, DC June 18, 2013 The Department of State’s Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) has shortlisted six design teams for the new U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. The shortlisted teams are: Diller Scofidio + Renfro Mack Scogin Merrill Elam/AECOM Morphosis Architects Rafael ...
June 18, 2013 - U.S. Department of State
- Initial Findings from PARADOX, Largest and Most Comprehensive Research Analyzing the Burden of Hypoparathyroidism ...
NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company pioneering and delivering therapies that transform the lives of patients with rare diseases worldwide, yesterday presented initial findings from PARADOX, which is believed to be the largest and most comprehensive collection of research to date analyzing the burden of illness for hypoparathyroidism.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Noodles prices initial public offering at between $13 and $15 a share
Broomfield-based Noodles & Co. priced its initial public offering Monday saying 5,357,143 shares of Class A common would be offered at an anticipated price of between $13 and $15 a share.
June 17, 2013 - Broomfield Enterprise
- Steve Ballmer in VNUNet.com
The substantial premium reflected in our initial proposal anticipated a friendly transaction with you,wrote Ballmer. "If we are forced to take an offer directly to your shareholders, that action will have an undesirable impact on the value...
- President Bush in MSN India
The United States has made an initial aid contribution, but we want to do a lot more,Bush said. "We're prepared to move US Navy assets to help find those who've lost their lives, to help find the missing, to help stabilize the situation....
- Carl Icahn in Sydney Morning Herald
It is unconscionable that you have not allowed your shareholders to choose to accept an offer that represented a 72 percent premium over Yahoo's closing price of 19.18 US dollars on the day before the initial Microsoft offer,Icahn said in the...