inherit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v obtain from someone after their death
I inherited a castle from my French grandparents
- v receive from a predecessor
The new chairman inherited many problems from the previous chair
- v receive by genetic transmission
I inherited my good eyesight from my mother
- The children of the 21st century will inherit a world in many ways beguiling.
- It remains to be seen, of course, whether all the ecstatic political soteriology of his campaign can overcome the economic apocalypse Obama will inherit, along with a vexing list .
- Village Homes is one of the world's best examples of sustainable development--it doesn't degrade the environment that future generations will inherit.
News & Articles
- The 25 Hottest Celebrity Offspring
Children of celebrities often inherit something more valuable than, well, their inheritance. Talent? Diana Ross' son sings like an angel. Personality? Robin Williams' daughter got his clownish sense of humor.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Britain's recovery strengthens, house prices rise
By Christina Fincher and Rosalba O'Brien LONDON (Reuters) - British house prices are rising at their fastest pace in three years and the country's lagging industrial sector is now contributing to the economy's recovery, data showed on Tuesday. After a surprisingly strong services survey last week, the figures suggest incoming Bank of England chief Mark Carney will inherit an economy already on ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Top Coaches Brought in to Clean Up Their Team
It's never easy being brought in as a new coach, but sometimes the team you inherit makes it that much harder. Some coaches are tasked with taking a team of misfits who can hardly win a game and taking them to the playoffs. OK, so I might have exaggerated how bad the teams these coaches inherit are, but the point is still the same. These coaches were all brought in to take a crappy team and make ...
June 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- David Cameron in Daily Nation
If we win, we will inherit a huge deficit and an economy in a mess,Mr Cameron, 41, told delegates to the Conservatives' annual meeting in the central English city of Birmingham.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Contra Costa Times
I think it is safe to say we have not seen more troubles at one time since World War Two,Clinton told a rally in Little Rock, Ark., Friday. "Probably no president will inherit more challenges that President Obama will, since Harry Truman...