- v to put down by force or authority
- v limit the range or extent of
Contact between the young was inhibited by strict social customs
- v limit, block, or decrease the action or function of
inhibit the action of the enzyme
inhibit the rate of a chemical reaction
- v control and refrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior
- If that much tea seems hard to swallow, consider using it is a mouthwash; reports suggest that swishing green tea around the mouth may inhibit cavity-causing bacteria.
- Polyphenols, according to the latest research, may also inhibit the production of endothelin 1, a peptide that contributes to hardening of the arteries.
- Not only does it promote calcium absorption and bone maintenance, but vitamin D also appears to stimulate the immune system, inhibit cellular proliferation and spur cell .
News & Articles
- Obama Spectrum Directive Calls for Receiver Standards
President Obama is ordering spectrum licensees to share and to build receivers that don’t inhibit their radio-frequency neighbors.
June 15, 2013 - Television Broadcast
- MD&M East: Silver platelets key to new antimicrobial approach
Technologies to attack hospital infections are continuing to advance, including one that will be on display next week at MD&M East in Philadelphia Infinity Compounding Corp. (Logan Township, NJ), is launching a new line of antimicrobial concentrates and compounds at MD&M East. The new Inhibit antimicrobial additives are based on silver functionalized clay and prevent growth of bacteria, fungus ...
June 14, 2013 - PlasticsToday.com
- Gene offers an athlete's heart without the exercise
Researchers have found that a single gene poses a double threat to disease: Not only does it inhibit the growth and spread of breast tumors, but it also makes hearts healthier.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Robert Zoellick in Reuters Canada
The World Bank has passed through a difficult time for all involved. There are frustrations, anxieties and tensions about the past that could inhibit the future. This is understandable but not without remedy,Zoellick said. "We need to put...
- Guido Mantega in AFP
Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega called for any budget cuts "to be realistic and not inhibit growth." "If the cuts take place in advanced countries it is worse, because instead of stimulating growth they pay more attention to fiscal...
- Oscar Pistorius in SI.com
I feel that it is my responsibility, on behalf of myself and all other disabled athletes, to stand firmly and not allow one organization to inhibit our ability to compete using the very tools without which we simply cannot walk, let alone run,...