- a not in harmony
- s lacking in harmony of parts
an inharmonious (or incongruous) mixture of architectural styles
- THE MOST PAINFUL SCREECH The inharmonious notes emitted by such flops as Rags, Raggedy Ann, Into the Light and Honky Tonk Nights, which indicated that the once robust Broadway .
- Whistles, large bells and trumpets joined in one concerted, inharmonious, deafening din.
- Once more His Majesty's Indian subjects had shown themselves the most inharmonious group in the war-bound Empire.
- George Santayana in Times Online
Anticipating surprise at this combination of convictions Santayana added: "I think you would not find my two voices inharmonious (I agree that they are different in pitch) if you did not live in America in the 20th century."