inflaming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n arousal to violent emotion
- v cause inflammation in
- v catch fire
- v cause to start burning
- v arouse or excite feelings and passions
- v become inflamed; get sore
- Record home prices are inflaming passions--and pocketbooks--as never before.
- Fears are widespread that Moscow is creating a pretext for a military crackdown by inflaming unrest in the South Ossetian Autonomous Region, an ethnic enclave created for the .
- His trustiest weapons were always flaming words and inflaming ideas.
News & Articles
- Merkel Shuns Russia Exhibition Opening in Looted-Art Spat
Chancellor Angela Merkel and President Vladimir Putin canceled the joint opening of a Russian exhibit of art looted from Germany, inflaming a spat dating from the Nazi regime’s collapse at the end of World War II.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Singapore's Air Turns 'Hazardous' as Indonesian Fires Rage
By Kevin Lim and Eveline Danubrata SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore's air quality deteriorated to "hazardous" levels late on Wednesday as smoke from slash-and-burn land clearing in Indonesia enveloped the city-state, inflaming tensions between the Southeast Asian neighbors. Singapore, a major financial center, will send a delegation to Jakarta on Thursday to discuss the smog that has turned its ...
June 19, 2013 - Scientific American
- President Bush in Forbes
This barbarous act was clearly aimed at inflaming sectarian tensions among the people of Iraq and defeating their aspirations for a secure, democratic and prosperous country,Bush said. "I join Iraq's leaders in calling on all Iraqis to...
- Nouri al-Maliki in NEWS.com.au
The terrorist act which targeted the shrine came as part of a series of crimes aimed at inflaming sectarian passions among the sons of the country,Mr Maliki said. "Those who have committed it are enemies of Allah, the country and the...
- Chip Berlet in AFP
So you have this right-wing social movement, relatively small but angry, and then you have these major public figures, inflaming them with rhetoric and conspiracy allegations on national television,Berlet told AFP.