- n one of lesser rank or station or quality
- n a character or symbol set or printed or written beneath or slightly below and to the side of another character
- a of or characteristic of low rank or importance
- a of low or inferior quality
- a written or printed below and to one side of another character
- a having an orbit between the sun and the Earth's orbit
Mercury and Venus are inferior planets
- s lower than a given reference point
inferior alveolar artery
- s falling short of some prescribed norm
- Among those he described as inferior aliens were the Mongols, the Persians and the Moors, who he feared would corrupt the blood stream of the west.
- Well, it happens that most Americans, finding homosexuality morally and psychologically inferior to heterosexuality, would correspondingly deny the validity of homosexual marriage.
- Maybe it's the epithet, which he defines helpfully as someone who persistently belittles and abuses those of inferior power or status.
News & Articles
- Include parents in standards debate: Opposing view
Common Core effort produces an inferior product.
June 11, 2013 - USA Today
- Andrew Ference knows Cup loss painful
Right now, everything with the Bruins is fine and dandy. They have survived a scare from Toronto, made quick work of an inferior Rangers team, and pulled off the upset of the playoffs with their four-game ouster of the Penguins. They are Destiny’s Children. The only problem is, there is a team in the Midwest that feels the exact same way. And within just a couple of weeks, when their Stanley Cup ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Herald
- HOROSCOPES: June 11
GEMINI (May 21-June 20) — Watch out for a hotshot salesperson with a dazzling pitch, who will attempt to palm off what is clearly inferior merchandise. Don't let your guard down for one minute.
June 11, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Stephen Harper in Vancouver Sun
These objectives were based on the assumption aboriginal cultures and spiritual beliefs were inferior and unequal,said Harper. "Indeed, some sought, as it was infamously said, 'to kill the Indian in the child.' "
- David Miliband in guardian.co.uk
Mr Miliband told the Sunday Times: "It's only 4% of total farm produce, not 40%, and I would not want to say that 96% of our farm produce is inferior because it's not organic."