- s angered at something unjust or wrong
an indignant denial
- People were furious when the released hostage showed to the media the torture signs and indignantly demanded justice for the victim.
- Prosecutor was cold and indignant in his summation, insisting that jealousy over an affair was the motive for the murder.
- She was indignant that for no fault of hers she was not allowed to take part in the discussion.
News & Articles
- Some questions about ‘fuzzy’ history
As usual Mr. Garlock’s column was well-written and interesting. However I’m still trying to figure out the point of the whole exercise. Was his point that Lincoln wasn’t such a good guy? Is he indignant at the treatment of the Confederate dead? Is the Gettysburg address fatally flawed because it does not honor the worthy enemy? Should we seek to embarrass the guides at the Gettysburg battlefield ...
June 11, 2013 - The Fayette Citizen
- Heidi Klum’s Drunk Fight: Terrible, Familiar
Heidi Klum and boyfriend Martin Kristen were spotted having the kind of argument that will induce familiar, groggy dread in anyone who ever — drunk and/or indignant — stormed out of a party, wagged a literal finger, or uttered the phrase, “You’re not my dad.” According to "Page Six", Klum and ... More »
June 11, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Just doing its job
By Tribune-Review When will the permanently indignant tea partyers quit their whining? First, it was “Obama wasn’t born here,” then it was “Obama is a Muslim.” Now, ...
June 9, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Nicolas Sarkozy in The Associated Press
Like all French people, I'm indignant that a man could be deprived of freedom in such a way,Sarkozy wrote. "Such treatment, which totally lacks humanity, ignores universally recognized principles when it comes to prisoners, firstly the...
- Fidel Castro in Forbes
Now many people abroad are awaiting for the reaction of the courts and the Council of State before a people profoundly indignant by what has happened,Castro wrote, referring to widespread speculation about the trial and possible death...
- Marcelo Ebrard in FOXNews
The city is indignant,Mayor Marcelo Ebrard told a news conference. "What we saw yesterday was ethically unacceptable."