- v be imminent or about to happen
Changes are impending
- s close in time; about to occur
his impending retirement
- We have heard such pronouncements of impending doom before, of course.
- The charges against Pamuk were dropped,officially because of a technicality but perhaps because of Ankara's impending talks on Turkey's admission to the European Union, an .
- Could this be the stirrings of an impending cultural renaissance? Probably not.
News & Articles
- Randy Starks, Paul Soliai might flee Dolphins in 2014
Randy Starks and Paul Soliai, arguably the game's best defensive tackle duo, might leave the Miami Dolphins in 2014. Both players are impending free agents and have yet to be offered long-term contracts.
July 3, 2013 - NFL.com
- USGA won’t delay anchoring ban for amateurs
The USGA on Wednesday thanked the PGA Tour and PGA of America for caving in and supporting its impending ban on anchored putting and showed its gratitude by nixing the suggestion that the governing body delay the rule change for recreational players. The two groups announced on Monday that they had turned tail from their original vehement opposition to the scheme that will force golfers like ...
July 3, 2013 - SB Nation
- Autonation upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse upgraded Autonation due to low valuation and leverage to the impending parts and service cycle. Price target raised to $53 from $50.
July 3, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Andrew Cuomo in FOXNews
Several weeks ago, we informed Craigslist of an impending criminal case that implicated its Web site,said New York Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo in a statement. "Rather than work with this office to prevent further abuses, in the middle...
- Chuck Hagel in International Herald Tribune
It is not too late. The United States can still extricate itself honorably from an impending disaster in Iraq,Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, a potential presidential contender in 2008, said in urging for a planned withdrawal of US...
- Angela Merkel in USA Today
The European public now expects us to put the necessary reforms of the union in hand,Merkel said in a letter to leaders. "The time has now come to set out the roadmap for the impending reform of the treaties."