imminent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s close in time; about to occur
in imminent danger
- The President declared that there was present and imminent danger of an attack from the seas.
- Someone objective needs to take a close look at the exact wording of the "chatter", and tell the President whether there really was an imminent threat.
- Meanwhile, a verdict is imminent for Abubakar Ba'asyir, the alleged spiritual head of JI, who is charged with treason and bombings unrelated to Bali.
News & Articles
- Hulu deal imminent as DirecTV reportedly wins bidding war
A Hulu sale is imminent and DirecTV is the likely victor, according to multiple unnamed sources speaking to Pando Daily. This would be possibly the best case scenario for a strong Hulu move towards original content creation. DirecTV is a behemoth with 20 million subscribers and annual revenue of roughly $20 billion. It could easily afford to launch an aggressive slate of Netflix-type original ...
June 13, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Gauge a School's Commitment to Diversity Before Enrolling
When the Supreme Court makes its imminent decision on Fisher v. University of Texas--Austin, admissions criteria for every college in the United States may be affected.
June 13, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- WI abortion law likely to send women to MN
The imminent move to make Wisconsin the ninth state to require women to undergo an ultrasound before getting an abortion will result in more women seeking abortion services in Minnesota, according to reproductive rights advocates.
June 13, 2013 - KARE 11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Alan Johnson in Telegraph.co.uk
Announcing the raise in threat level, Alan Johnson said on Friday night that "there is no intelligence to suggest than an attack is imminent".
- William Hague in AFP
I'm appalled by reports of the imminent execution,Hague said at a press conference in London alongside Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu. "I think that stoning is a medieval punishment that has no place in the modern world and the...
- President Bush in Washington Post
With the denial of bail being upheld and incarceration imminent,Bush said, "I believe it is now important to react to that decision."